23. May 2017 Launching of the POSE-study website
23. May 2017 Call for centres and National Coordinators
21. August 2017 Already 60 registered centres from 17 countries! First Ethical Approvals were received in the Russian Federation, Denmark, Ireland and Germany. Pending Ethical Approvals in Greece and the UK. The eCRF Open Clinica is planned to be ready until 1st September 2018.
17. September 2017 OpenClinica database is ready!
18. September 2017 Endorsement of the POSE-Group as an official ESA Research Group
26. September 2017 Endorsement of the POSE-study by the SGAR (Suisse Society of Anesthesiology and Reanimation)
29. September 2017 First Patients enrolled in the Russian Federation and Ireland
04. October 2017 Already 87 registered centres from 19 countries!
09. October 2017 Endorsement of the POSE-study by the DGAI (The German Society of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine)
18.October 2017 We welcome the 100st registered centre in our POSE-Study “University Hospital of the Saarland, Homburg, Germany”
20. March 2018 Thank you for your outstanding support for our POSE study! Up to now we have already 1745 documented patients in our database. This corresponds to 23% of our aimed sample size of 7500 patients.
22.March 2018 Meet us at: First Investigator meeting scheduled during the ESA congress in Copenhagen
WHEN? 04.June at 08h30-10h00 in the Meeting Room 18-19
25. May 2018 The new EU General Data Protection Regulation was enforced. For further information please see also our ETHICS section on this website.
June 2018 The steering committee has decided to extend the recruitment period for 4 months until 31.12.2018
04.June 2018 The first POSE investigator meeting was held in Copenhagen. Please find here the presentation, which was held by Prof. Mark Coburn
July 2018 Over 5000 patients were already included in the POSE study
September 2018 Over 7000 patients included!
November 2018 The aim of 7500 included patients was achieved!
2nd December 2018 Last possible recruitment start date for centres
December 2018 Data cleaning and monitoring process is ongoing
31th December 2018 Last patient in
22th February 2019 Announcement of a new publication policy!
Within the data cleaning process some patients have been excluded (patients have been recruited beyond the centre specific recruitment period, or other reasons). In some centres this has caused discontent due to the fact that the centre fell below a certain collaborator-/co- author-threshold. The POSE Steering Committee has discussed the issue and has approved following amendment of the POSE publication policy: please see Newsletter No 16 here
28th March 2019 Invitation, meet us at:
Second Investigator meeting scheduled during the ESA congress in Vienna!
WHEN? Sun 2/06/2019 15:15 – 16:45 WHERE? Lounge 1-4
Of note, we will not be able to reimburse your travel, conference or accommodation fees.
29th May 2019 POSE-survey launched!
Please, help us to find out more about the factors that contributed to the successful recruitment phase of this study, about any issues that arose for you during the study and about the potential research questions you might like to see addressed in future work.
Please give us your feedback (only one person per centre), regardless of whether your centre has recruited any patients: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FHFZCJZ
We’d appreciate if you could complete the survey before 1st July 2019!
2nd June 2019: POSE-meeting took place at the ESA congress in Vienna.
August 2019: On behalf of our colleagues Javier Ripollés-Melchor and José M Ramírez- Rodríguez from Spain, we would like to introduce you to the EuroPOWER study:-European Postoperative Outcomes within/without an Enhanced Recovery After Surgery protocol in Colorectal Surgery-
Please visit their website for further information and registration: www.grupogerm.es/europower
15th August 2019: Database cleaning completed! We have included 9498 patients into the POSE study.
10th October 2019: We have finalised the Trial Statistical Analysis Plan for the main analysis of the POSE study! The statistical analysis will start now!
12th December 2019: Steering Committee Meeting in Brussels.
January 2020: Statistical data cleaning is ongoing
24th January 2020: An updated version 1.1 of the Trial Statistical Analysis Plan was published here, before the start of the data analysis
11th February 2020: An updated version 1.2 of the Trial Statistical Analysis Plan was published here, before the start of the data analysis
September 2020: We welcome any secondary analyses ideas! We have published a new POSE Secondary Analysis Guideline and POSE Secondary Analysis_Study Proposal Document. Please submit your ideas. Approved submitted Secondary Analyses can be found here